The Engineering Magnet course sequence will expose students to hands-on, real-world problem-solving. Students will learn and apply the design process, acquire strong teamwork and communication proficiency, and develop organizational, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Summer prior to 9th grade (recommended, not required): Freshman Communication (s), Health (s)
- 9th grade: Intro to Engineering Design H (y), Geometry or higher, $500
- 10th grade: Principals of Engineering H (y), Algebra 2 or higher, $1000
- 11th grade: Choose one yearlong course: Aerospace Engineering H, Biotechnical Engineering H, Civil Engineering H and Architecture H, Computer Integrated Manufacturing H, Digital Electronics H, $1000
- 12th grade: Engineering Design and Development H: Senior Capstone (y), $1000
JSerra students are required to complete classes in the Fine Arts. It is recommended that Engineering Magnet students consider taking Instrumental courses including Piano and Handbells, Choir, or Drawing and Painting.