Dear Parents of the Class of 2020,
As you probably know, all JSerra students are required to have a laptop during their four years at the school. Based on feedback we received regarding the purchase of specific models, we will allow a variety of devices that conform to the specifications below. It is important to note that the Class of 2020 will be the first class required to bring laptops that have touch screens with a digitizer pen. This will allow students to fully realize the goals of the school’s Technology Plan. Laptops with tablet capability will help make learning more interactive in the classroom and will have the ancillary benefit of reducing the use of paper on campus.
In terms of the specific device requirements, they are as follows:
- PC-based (no Apple/Mac devices)
- Windows 10
- Tablet mode (i.e. screen folds or separates to allow laptop to be used as a tablet)
- Touch screen with digitizer pen
- 4GB memory
- 128 GB hard drive
- Wireless 802.11 A/C
- Intel Core i5 or comparable
Microsoft Office 365 is provided by the school. Below are examples of models, with currently listed prices, that meet the school’s requirements.
- Premium Dell Inspiron 13: $699.00
- Toshiba Satellite Fusion: $840.00
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 20CD00BXUS: $850.00
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3: $949.99
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12.5: $1,399.00
Of course, other models can be used as long as the above parameters are met. Your child will need to have his/her laptop registered with the school by August 5, 2016. Registration may be completed online. If you have any questions about devices or the registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Administration