Dear Future Lions,
As you probably know, all JSerra students are required to have a laptop during their four years at the school. The Classes of 2020 and 2021 are the first classes required to bring laptops that have touch screens with a digitizer pen. This will allow students to fully realize the goals of the school’s Technology Plan. Laptops with tablet capability will help make learning more interactive in the classroom and will have the ancillary benefit of reducing the use of paper on campus.
In terms of the specific device requirements, they are as follows:
- PC-based (no Apple/Mac devices)
- Windows 10
- Tablet mode (i.e. screen folds or separates to allow laptop to be used as a tablet)
- Touch screen with digitizer pen
- 4GB memory
- 128 GB hard drive
- Wireless 802.11 A/C
- Intel Core i5 or comparable
Microsoft Office 365 is provided by the school. Below are examples of models, with currently listed prices, that meet the school’s requirements.
- Premium Dell Inspiron 13: $629.00
- Toshiba Satellite Fusion: $800.00
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 20CD00BXUS: $800.00
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3: $530.00
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12.5: $1,399.00
Of course, other models can be used as long as the above parameters are met. Registration may be completed online. If you have any questions about devices or the registration process, please contact email@example.com.
Head of Administration