At JSerra, we welcome students from all over the world to join our family. We believe their global perspective enriches the experience of our domestic students and helps foster a learning environment that broadens the culture base of our entire student body. We have hosted young men and women from diverse countries such as South Korea, China, Vietnam, Brazil, Japan, Italy, Germany, Mexico and Norway.
We provide an intimate, structured environment designed to support non-native English speakers and help them integrate quickly within the JSerra community and the broader American culture. To achieve this we offer:
- Specialized English immersion courses (We expect all rising junior and senior applicants to be fluent in English.)
- Introduction to the Catholic faith and its core beliefs, customs, and traditions
- After school subject-tutoring
- One-on-one National Honor Society tutoring
- Individualized counseling according to student’s language ability
- Cultural immersion activities including Lion Ambassador Club, International Club, Thanksgiving Feast, Christmas Party, field trips, and a homestay program
- Honors and AP courses for qualifying students
- Access to a wide variety of sports teams and music, art and club activities
International students seek out JSerra for the incredible academic, extracurricular, spiritual, and cultural opportunities. Many continue their stay in the United States by enrolling in universities all across the country. Our location in sunny and temperate Southern California with close proximity to Los Angeles International Airport is a distinct advantage.
Again, we welcome all students with open arms and will assist in finding a host family for our international students while at JSerra. We work with JR Education Group, a designated Homestay Organization, to locate and match host families to our international students.
Director of International Admissions
O: 949.493.9307 Ext. 1015