Your application for employment at JSerra Catholic High School serves as a source of joy and gratitude for us. We are honored that you are seeking our organization as a place to continue (or begin) your professional career. Anyone who desires to join an educational enterprise such as this one is looking to make a difference in the lives of young people and serve the common good.
We respect your particular gifts, professional goals, and desire to become part of the JSerra family. We also acknowledge your potential to contribute to the school’s success. Considering this, we encourage you to read our Core Beliefs to better understand our vision as an organization and our values as a Catholic institution.
As part of your preparation for a potential interview, please carefully reflect upon how you envision supporting JSerra’s core beliefs and strengthening its values. During our hiring process we will engage you in dialogue about your role in furthering our core beliefs and fostering the spirit of our core Catholic values and identity.
This methodology of hiring aims to help all candidates understand the very heart of our educational undertakings at JSerra. We also believe it will grant clarity as to the suitability of our institution for your professional objectives.
JSerra continually seeks to hire inspirational, faith-filled individuals. If you have a strong personal connection with our core beliefs and an available position is not listed in your area of interest, you are still strongly encouraged to apply (see "How to Apply" on the right).
JSerra reviews all applications throughout the year in an effort to identify candidates (and in some cases create positions for individuals) who clearly demonstrate an ability to advance the Catholic ethos of the school. Below is a list of openings:
We have a number of possible openings for the next academic year. Download the flyer to learn more.
- AP Calculus / Calculus Math Teacher
- Academic and College Counselor (Temporary - 30-40 hours)
- Academic and College Counselor (Part-time)
- Math Teacher
- Science Teacher (Biology or Chemistry)
- Substitute Math Teacher (Long-Term)
- Substitute Teacher
Interested candidates are asked to first reflect on the Core Beliefs of JSerra Catholic School prior to applying for a position. If after prayerful consideration an applicant believes he or she can support and embrace these foundational principals, applicants are to complete and submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating position of interest
- Current résumé
- Completed Employment Application*
- Essay — Provide a maximum one page typed response to the following:
- "Having reflected on JSerra’s Core Beliefs which articulate our core identity as a Catholic Religious organization, name ways in which JSerra’s values align with your own personal values, and then explain in what specific ways you anticipate supporting and advancing our school’s mission."
For teaching positions, applicants must also provide:
- Letters of recommendation from current (preferred) or previous supervisors (minimum of two)
- College transcripts
*Instructions on how to apply for various positions are included in the specific job posting or via the automated application process. Please follow the specific application instructions on the job position that you are applying for.
Please ensure that all documents that are cited are submitted. Candidates will be notified by email upon receipt of applicant information. Applicants with incomplete packages will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
JSerra Catholic High School is Religious 501(c)(3) Organization.