- JSerra News
Reporter Steve Fryer from the OC Register wrote about JSerra's National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Day, which took place yesterday on the school's Varsity Baseball Field:
JSerra honors 19 athletes on Signing Day with outdoors ceremony
School had planned for celebrations indoors and outdoors.
JSerra [Catholic] High was going to have two Signing Day ceremonies on Wednesday, Nov. 11, one indoors in its sports pavilion and the other outdoors at its baseball field.
The Catholic school in San Juan Capistrano opted to go with the outdoors festivities only for its 19 signees. Signing Day activities were done virtually this past spring because of COVID-19.
"Right now," said JSerra [Assistant] athletic director and baseball coach Brett Kay, "we’re one of the few schools full-time on campus. We wanted to honor the kids the right way."
Please join us in congratulating the following seniors:
- Natalie Abel - Soccer, Texas A&M
- Taylor Barnes - Tennis, Cal State LA
- Colin Blanchard - Baseball, University of Washington
- Charli Bouquet - Volleyball, Weber State
- Wilson Cunningham - Baseball, University of Chicago
- Gabe D'Arcy - Baseball, University of Arkansas
- Claire DuRee - Soccer, Florida Southern
- Priscilla Gillies - Softball, Long Island University
- Tommy Golbranson - Baseball, St. Thomas
- Max Imhoff - Baseball, Yale
- Luke Jewett - Baseball, UCLA
- Gage Jump - Baseball, UCLA
- Abby Lynch - Soccer, Loyola Marymount
- Kennedy Mason - Lacrosse, Cal Berkeley
- Paris Melberg - Lacrosse, UMASS
- Cody Schrier - Baseball, UCLA
- Paris Schwalbe - Softball, University of Nevada
- Eric Silva - Baseball, UCLA
- Megan Workman - Gymnastics, Southern Connecticut
"Today was one of the highlights of the 2020-21 school year thus far," says Athletic Director Chris Ledyard. "We are all so very proud of these student-athletes, their families, and the way they continue to honor God and JSerra."
In total, JSerra has had over 300 NLI commits over the 14 years of sports on campus.