Department of Learning and Academic Support (LAS)
JSerra Catholic High School is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment that enables all students to achieve both their academic and spiritual potential.
As each student develops and learns at their own individual pace, we recognize that for students with diagnosed learning challenges, supplemental academic support is required for them to be receive equitable access to their education. JSerra has developed three programs to meet the needs of our students: Student Educational Resource Program (SERP), Academy, and Academic Coaching Program (ACP).
As an independent Roman Catholic High School within the Diocese of Orange, JSerra Catholic High School follows the guidelines outlined by the Diocese of Orange for placement in academic support programs and all accommodations. All JSerra-approved accommodations closely parallel those of College Board, ACT, and the DSM-5.
More detailed information about the required documentation and the admission process can be found in the document below.
- Does a diagnosis from our family doctor qualify my child for services?
- What testing is required? Which assessments should the psychologist preforming my child’s assessment use?
- Do the accommodations and supports my child received in middle school automatically transfer to high school?
- What is the school’s role in applying for and securing testing accommodations for my child on PSAT, SAT, AP and ACT exams?
- Does my student have to take the HSPT if applying for SERP or Academy?
- My student qualifies for SERP but I would prefer he does Academic Coaching (ACP). Can he do both?
"Each child learns a different way. SERP provides this support for my child and for all the students in the department."
~ The P. Family, '20