With a wide variety of online courses, JSerra Online Education is committed to providing enhanced learning and flexibility for students. All JSerra core courses are approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the University of California (UC).
According to US News and World Report, more than 6.3 million students in the U.S. take at least one online course in college. With online education, students experience invaluable benefits. For instance:
- Students have continual access to course material which allows students to balance activities and plan study time at their convenience.
- Students develop stronger self-discipline given the flexibility to work at their own pace.
- Students improve technical skills and learn to communicate digitally as they navigate online course content.
- Students can take additional courses that do not fit in their schedule.
Courses are available for advancement or remediation. All students MUST meet with their Academic and College Counselor prior to registration for course guidance and selection..
Classes are fast-paced and require daily commitment and effective time-management skills. Although the flexibility of an online course allows students the option to complete a course at an accelerated pace, no classes can be extended past the due date. Students taking two online courses are highly encouraged to develop a pacing guide with their teacher(s) to map a plan for successful course completion. Before registering for an online class, please consider your time availability and potential barriers to Internet access.
"Online learning is not the next big thing — it is now the big thing."
~ Donna J. Abernathy, Author
Fees & Key Dates
Registration is non-refundable. Each segment equals one semester-length course. A year-long class equals both segment 1 and segment 2.
Summer 2022 Registration
Each segment (semester) is $725 through June 3, 2022. After June 3, each segment (semester) is $800. As each segment (semester) is $725, if paid prior to June 3, a year-long course is $1,450. If paid after June 3, a year-long course is $1,600.
Registration for Online Education summer courses has closed.
|June 13||First day of instruction|
|June 17||Last day to add an online class|
|June 30||Last day of Segment 1 for the full-year course; 100% of coursework due|
|July 4-9||FLVS "Dead Week" (FLVS teachers will be unavailable at this time; this only applies to students who take their online courses through FLVS instead of Schoology)|
|July 21||Last day of summer online courses; 100% of coursework due|
|July 22||In-person proctored on-campus final exam by appointment|
- How do I register?
- Where can I find detailed information about each course?
- HOW DO I ACCESS MY ONLINE COURSE?
- What is the difference between an online education course and independent study course?
- What textbooks are needed?
- What are the student conduct expectations during JSerra Online Education?
- What are the expectations of JSerra Online Education?
- Whom do I contact for questions?
I liked the flexibility of online summer school. I could review the class material as often as needed and at my own pace while still enjoying summer vacation.