With a wide variety of online courses, JSerra Online Education is committed to providing enhanced learning and flexibility for students. All JSerra core courses are approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the University of California (UC).
According to US News and World Report, more than 6.3 million students in the U.S. take at least one online course in college. With online education, students experience invaluable benefits. For instance:
- Students have continual access to course material which allows students to balance activities and plan study time at their convenience.
- Students develop stronger self-discipline given the flexibility to work at their own pace.
- Students improve technical skills and learn to communicate digitally as they navigate online course content.
- Students can take additional courses that do not fit in their schedule.
Summer 2021: June 14-July 23
In Summer 2021, JSerra will offer a 40-day Online Education session for current students entering grades 10-12. All classes are hosted online apart from an in-person final.
Courses are available for advancement or remediation. A maximum of two segment/semester courses may be taken during the online summer school session.
Classes are fast-paced and require daily commitment and effective time-management skills. Although the flexibility of an online course allows students the option to complete a course at an accelerated pace, no classes can be extended past the due date. Students taking two online courses are highly encouraged to develop a pacing guide with their teacher(s) to map a plan for successful course completion. Before registering for an online summer school class, please consider your time availability and potential barriers to Internet access.
All current students MUST contact their College Counselor before registering to confirm their selection. Registration is non-refundable.
Each online semester-length (segment) is $725 until Tuesday, June 8, 2021. Thereafter, the price increases to $800 until Friday, June 11, 2021. Late registration may delay online course access and require student to accelerate course pacing.
Each segment equals one semester-length course. A year-long class equals both segment 1 and segment 2. A maximum of two online segments may be completed during summer school.
Summer Key Dates
- June 8: Last day to register without a late fee
- June 11: Last day to register with a late fee (additional $75 per course)
- June 14: First day of instruction
- July 22: Last day of instruction; all course work must be completed
- July 23: In-person* online finals
*In-person based on open campus and students' returning to classrooms.
"Online learning is not the next big thing — it is now the big thing."
~ Donna J. Abernathy, Author
- How do I register?
- Where can I find detailed information about each course?
- HOW DO I ACCESS MY ONLINE COURSE?
- What is the difference between an online education course and independent study course?
- What textbooks are needed?
- What are the student conduct expectations during JSerra Online Education?
- What are the expectations of JSerra Online Education?
- Whom do I contact for questions?
I liked the flexibility of online summer school. I could review the class material as often as needed and at my own pace while still enjoying summer vacation.