Thank you for supporting our inaugural JESPY Awards, which were help on May 27, 2021 to highlight the athletic achievements of the year and open the JSerra Catholic High School Athletics Hall of Fame.
A JESPY Award (JSerra Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly Award) is an accolade currently presented by the JSerra Athletics Department to recognize individual and team athletic achievement as well as other sports-related performance during the calendar year preceding a given annual ceremony.
The JSerra Catholic High School Athletics Hall of Fame opened with the first class of inductees honoring the achievements and contributions of alumni, boosters, and community members who have played an integral role in the history of JSerra Athletics.
The event took place on Thursday, May 27, 2021 on our Main Field and kicked off graduation weekend festivities. This year we were blessed to have legendary Olympian Janet Evans as our keynote speaker for the event and former NFL quarterback Steve Beuerlein as Master of Ceremonies.
About the Keynote Speaker
Janet Evans is widely considered to be the greatest female distance swimmer in history. She was inducted into the US Olympic Hall of Fame in 2004 and the International Swimming Hall of Fame in 2001. In 1989, she was awarded the prestigious Sullivan Award as the United States' top amateur athlete. She has also been named the Chief Athlete Officer of the LA2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Recognized as best female distance swimmer in history
- Competed for the USA in three Olympic Games
- Winner of 4 individual Olympic gold medals
- Winner of 1 individual Olympic silver medal
- Winner of 17 International Titles
- Winner of 45 US National Titles
- Winner of 5 World Championship Titles
- Broke 7 world records during her career
- Winner of 7 NCAA Titles
- Competed at the 2012 US Olympic Swimming Trials at the age of 40
Thank You to Our Sponsors
THE CADIEUX FAMILY
The Petilli Family
THE RISTOFF FAMILY
THE SZYMAN FAMILY