Thank you to everyone who tried out, we are so excited for the upcoming year. All results are final. Please do not contact anyone from the coaching staff regarding these results.
The JSerra Pep Squad promotes school spirit and encourages excellence. They support athletic teams, perform at rallies, and promote good sportsmanship and school spirit at each event. In addition, the Pep Squad philosophy dictates that all cheer/song leaders uphold the morals and values of JSerra — becoming leaders who live in accordance with Gospel values. They also create positive relationships based on respect of oneself and of others, trust, and teamwork. The squads are at Varsity, JV, and Freshman levels.
As a member of the JSerra Catholic High School Pep Squad, you are a representative of JSerra Catholic High School and all of the Catholic values it upholds. This is reflected in all of your words and actions, on and off campus, and especially when dressed in uniform or any other JSerra labeled apparel. Throughout your commitment, it is imperative that you conduct yourself in a polite, modest, and respectful manner at all times, and participate in Pep Squad activities and events with pride, honor and enthusiasm. Cheerleaders and Dancers are expected to be leaders and role models in all aspects of school life and in the community, as they always represent JSerra Catholic High School and its mission. Your actions and behavior will reflect directly upon JSerra Catholic High School and the Pep Squad, so it is critical that you participate in this program with pride and honor. The privilege of representing JSerra in this fashion, being a member of the JSerra Catholic High School Pep Squad, must be earned and maintained so that both the school and its Pep Squad participants gain the maximum benefits of such a program. In taking ownership of your leadership role, Pep Squad participants will foster an environment of school spirit, Catholic values and the pursuit of excellence, while personally receiving opportunities to grow in leadership, sportsmanship, values, and virtues. This yearly commitment begins the day the new Squads are posted and extends until try-outs the following year.
- To uphold the high morals, ethical standards, and strong values of JSerra Catholic High School
- To support JSerra Catholic High School Athletics
- To lead and inspire others in supporting JSerra Catholic High School Athletics
- To develop leadership skills in accordance with Gospel values
- To exhibit virtues of self-discipline, modesty, loyalty, dignity, and charity throughout the school and community
- To promote and uphold school spirit, good sportsmanship, and Lion Pride
- To foster positive relationships based on trust, teamwork, respect of oneself and others, in all our endeavors
- To serve and assist the school and community through active participation
- To develop citizenship and organizational skills
- To perform and represent JSerra Catholic High School at games, rallies, and special events with pride, excellence, and a positive attitude
- To develop, enhance, and encourage dedication and determination amongst Squad members
- Each Pep Squad member must adhere to the Parent Student Handbook as well as the Pep Squad Constitution.
- Each Pep Squad member must fulfill all required financial obligation by making payments online. Moreover, each Pep Squad member/family is expected to participate in fundraising events.
- All Pep Squad members must remain in excellent physical condition — with no injuries that could prohibit full participation.
- Members must maintain a 2.0 GPA each quarter to be a member of the Pep Squad.
|CONSTITUTION||TRY OUT PACKET|