A club is defined as a student-initiated, maintained, driven and inclusive group that continuously and consistently aligns itself with the Christ-centered goals, vision and purpose of JSerra. Further, these groups may choose to affiliate with a larger, national non-profit organization, but must keep in mind that this larger organization must fall within the same regimented scope as stated above.
Types of Clubs
- Service, which focuses on the welfare of a group or communities through health, education, etc.
- Extracurricular, which focuses on enhancing academics
- Social, which focuses on cultivating school spirit or strengthening student camaraderie
Starting a CLUB
- Select a club moderator. Ask a teacher to moderate the club. The moderator's role is to supervise meetings, events, and activities.
- Complete the Club Application and SOP Manual.
- Set up a regular meeting time and dates to meet with your club members once your club has been approved.
- You will be contacted via your school email for your club presentation time with ASG. The date for club presentations will be announced at a later date.
Club applications for new and returning clubs are due to Mrs. Michele Chenault at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 15, 2020.
All current clubs must submit the Club Application. They will automatically be a club next year as long as they were in good standing this year by having monthly meetings and sending meeting minutes to Mrs. Chenault after each meeting.
New clubs will be approved the last week of school and sent an email by the end of May notifying the club President about the status of the new club.