Life Leaders help ease the leap into high school by providing freshmen with a warm welcome and assisting them through the transition from middle school to high school.
Life Leaders promote a more compassionate and connected student body, helping freshmen have positives experiences their first year in high school. A positive freshman experience can dramatically increase a student's chance for success during high school.
What to Expect as a Life Leader
Each year we look for exceptional sophomore student leaders after Spring Break.
The student's job job as a Life Leader begins with our planning day called May Development Day, which takes place during 6th period on or around May 1st and continues throughout both the Life Leaders' junior and senior years.
Life Leaders will be with each of the freshmen classes, two years in a row, at their Freshman Orientation in August, and then move onto many more leadership events throughout the year.
The last event with a Life Leader's "family" (or "life group") will occur when their freshmen are sophomores and begin the application process to become Life Leader themselves.
Students who apply to be Life Leaders are making a two-year commitment to student leadership. At the end of each school year, as a current sophomore, they will be required to show both traditional and nontraditional leadership by truly exemplifying Faith, Intellect and Character — all the virtues we look for in a JSerra graduate.
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to lead others
- Ability to responsibly manage a family of freshmen and sophomores for 1-2 years
- Accountability to show up throughout all phases of the student leadership program during the year and make this job a priority
- Willingness to take risks
- Interest in helping others
- Ability to be positive role models on campus and off campus
- Dedication to JSerra
- Self-confidence and self-direction with great follow-through
- Respect for diverse ideas and personalities
As part of student leadership at JSerra, students must apply at the end of their sophomore year to be Life Leaders. If accepted, they will be Life Leaders during their junior and senior years.
For more information about Life Leaders, please email Activities Director Jessica Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org.