JSerra Campus Ministry focuses on fostering student commitment to the values of the Gospel.
Campus Ministry provides an "ear" for students who need someone with whom to talk. We believe that we belong to each other, so students are always welcome to make an appointment or walk in and spend time with one of our Campus Ministers.
Many Campus Ministry programs are directed and administered by students. Such responsibility affords students valuable training and an opportunity to practice leadership, which we hope they will take with them to their future parishes and apostolates. We believe that we belong to each other, and students in leadership roles offers ways for our students to support one another and grow within themselves. Leadership opportunities consist of Retreat Leaders, Music Ministry, Altar Serving, and many more.
Retreats allow students to focus and deepen their interior lives through an encounter with the living God. All students have the opportunity to participate in several off-campus retreats offered throughout their experience at JSerra Catholic High School.
Attending my junior year retreat with Campus Ministry changed my previously negative attitude toward school. I now feel like I'm closer to God with the guidance and support of the Campus Ministers.
"Campus Ministry events have helped me make new friends, get away from the daily stresses of life, and spend time in reflection and prayer. I attend as often as I can."
~ Michael '23
- We offer 9 retreats throughout the school year.
- Nearly 150 seniors go on the Kairos retreat.
- Almost 100 juniors go on the Junior Retreat.
- More than 90 sophomores go on the Sophomore Retreat.
- The overnight Freshman Retreat has over 40 freshman participants.
- We train over 30 student leaders to assist on retreats.
- We have a weekly youth group called Tuesday Night Lights (TNL) — averaging 50-60 students every Tuesday.
- We offer Discipleship small groups, registering 80 students into 12 small groups led by JSerra faculty.
JSerra Campus Ministry's Instagram is a great way to stay up-to-date on events including bonfires, on-campus movie nights, and dinners at Chick-Fil-A and Ruby's as well as service opportunities.