ARTS MAGNET PROGRAM APPLICATION
We are now taking Arts Magnet Program applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Once your application to the school and the program have been reviewed, you will be notified by mail.
The Early Application deadline is Friday, January 18, 2019.
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 1, 2019.
Minimum Requirements for entering 9th grade students
- Audition or portfolio review
- Enroll in one Arts Magnet Program course in your track freshman year (see "Curriculum")
- Satisfactory attendance and disciplinary record
- Enroll in History of the Arts (may be taken 9th or 10th grade)
INCOMING 9TH GRADE Audition/Portfolio Review
All prospective AMP students must complete an audition (performing arts) or portfolio review (visual arts). Be sure to download and review the audition/portfolio review criteria below.
A JSerra Arts teacher will reach out to you to schedule an audition or portfolio review. Please note that auditions are 10-15 minutes long.
Minimum Requirements for returning 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students
- Maintain B- minimum in all magnet courses
- Complete a total of five electives in your track plus History of the Arts Honors and Professional Arts Seminar Honors (see "Curriculum")
- Satisfactory attendance and discipline record
- Attend Arts Magnet Program field trips
- Enter approved competitions as required by each track