BUSINESS MAGNET PROGRAM APPLICATION
We are now taking Business Magnet Program (BMP) applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Once your application to the school and the program have been reviewed, you will be notified by mail.
The priority deadline to apply is Monday, April 1, 2019.
Please note that the program is now full for the 2019-2020 school year. The application process has closed. Thank you for interest!
DEADLINE TO ENROLL UPON ACCEPTANCE
Acceptance into the BMP is dependent upon your enrollment in JSerra. Students accepted into the BMP but not enrolled in JSerra by March 22, 2019 will be deferred for students who are enrolled and accepted into the BMP.
If you have questions about the BMP or the application process, please contact BMP Director Carol Chaffee at email@example.com.
Minimum Requirements for entering 9th grade students
- Minimum 2.75 GPA (no D’s or F’s)
- Must enroll in Algebra I or higher
- Satisfactory attendance and disciplinary record
Minimum Requirements for returning 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students
- Completion of Frosh Success with a minimum “B” grade
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (no D’s or F’s)
- Satisfactory attendance and discipline record
- Up-to-date Christian service hours
In addition to the above minimum requirements for returning students, the following requirements must be met in order to be in good standing with the Business Magnet Program:
- All students must attend monthly FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) Chapter meetings. These meetings are usually held the first Thursday of each month before school to accommodate football and other sports.
- Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors must complete activities to earn their Future, Business or Leader award. These activities are self-pacing and online.
- Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors must compete in the FBLA section competition. This is usually a Saturday in February.
- Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors must attend the UCI speaker series. Students will be assigned an evening based on their grade level and the speakers schedule.
- Students who become officers will have the opportunity to attend additional training events and conferences.
*Incoming Freshmen should take Frosh Success and Health in the summer so that their schedule allows room for 2 semester business classes during their 9th grade year. Fees for summer school will be available on the web site.