MEDICAL MAGNET PROGRAM APPLICATION
We are now taking Medical Magnet Program applications for the 2020-2021 school year.
Students will be notified of their acceptance via email at the end of May after their Math Placement Exam and Science Placement Exam have been scored.
Priority Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
Decision Date: End of May 2020
Contract Return Deadline: June 1, 2020
Acceptance into the Medical Magnet Program is dependent upon your enrollment in JSerra. Students accepted into the Medical Magnet Program but not enrolled in JSerra by June 1, 2020 will be deferred for students who are enrolled and accepted into the Medical Magnet Program.
If you have questions about the Medical Magnet Program or the application process, please contact Medical Magnet Program Director Dr. Betty Cappelletti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum final 8th grade GPA 3.7 (no D’s or F’s)*
- No disciplinary record
- 95% attendance rate
*Students accepted into the program will be required to maintain a minimum 3.7 GPA throughout the 4 years.
Students meeting the above criteria will then be expected to take the science and math placement tests. Test dates will be determined by Admissions. Student must be enrolled in both Honors Biology and Honors Geometry (determined by placement tests). For more information regarding test dates, please contact email@example.com.
- Summer prior to 9th grade: Freshman Communication (s)
- 9th grade: Biology Honors, Geometry Honors, Intro to Health Science Technology Honors (s), and Medical Ethics (s), $500
- 10th grade: AP Biology, Chemistry Honors, and Algebra 2 Honors, $1000
- 11th grade: Anatomy and Physiology Honors, upper division science course (per director’s approval), Pre-Calculus H, $1000
- 12th grade: Concepts of Genetics Honors (s), Intro to Neuroscience Honors (s), upper division science course (per director’s approval), Calculus, AP Calculus, or AP Statistics, $1000
JSerra students are required to complete classes in the Fine Arts. It is recommended that Medical Magnet Program students consider taking Drawing and Painting, Choral, Instrumental, or Dance courses.