MEDICAL MAGNET PROGRAM APPLICATION
We are now taking Medical Magnet Program applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Students will be notified of their acceptance by mail at the end of May after their Math Placement Exam and Science Placement Exam have been scored.
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 1, 2019.
DEADLINE TO ENROLL UPON ACCEPTANCE
Acceptance into the Medical Magnet Program is dependent upon your enrollment in JSerra. Students accepted into the program but not enrolled in JSerra by March 22, 2019 will be deferred for students who are enrolled and accepted into the program.
If you have questions about the Medical Magnet Program or the application process, please contact Medical Magnet Program Director Betty Cappelletti at email@example.com.
- Minimum final 8th grade GPA 3.7 (no D’s or F’s)*
- No disciplinary record
- 95% attendance rate
*Students accepted into the program will be required to maintain a minimum 3.7 GPA throughout the 4 years.
Students meeting the above criteria will then be expected to take the science and math placement tests. Test dates will be determined by Admissions. Student must be enrolled in both Honors Biology and Honors Geometry (determined by placement tests). For more information regarding test dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer prior to 9th grade: Freshman Communication (s)
- 9th grade: Biology Honors, Geometry Honors, Algebra 1 Honors, $500
- 10th grade: Intro to Health Sciences Honors – takes the place of JSerra’s Health requirement (s), Medical Ethics (s), Chemistry H, Algebra 2 Honors, $1000
- 11th grade: Anatomy and Physiology Honors, upper division science course (per director’s approval), Pre-Calculus H, $1000
- 12th grade: Concepts of Genetics Honors (s), Intro to Neuroscience Honors (s), upper division science course (per director’s approval), Calculus, AP Calculus, or AP Statistics, $1000
JSerra students are required to complete classes in the Fine Arts. It is recommended that Medical Magnet Program students consider taking Drawing and Painting, Choral, Instrumental, or Dance courses.