Installing and Authenticating Office 365
Installing Office 365
1. In a browser, go to https://portal.office.com.
2. In the login fields enter your username and password.
- Your username follows this format: email@example.com.
- Your temporary password is JSerra2021==== (four equal signs)
Once logged in, a welcome screen will appear and a pane with your various Office applications will be displayed.
On the right side of the pane, you will have the option to "Install Office."
3. Click Install Office and select the Office 365 apps option. This downloads the installer for Office 365.
4. Depending on your browser, you will select Run (Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
Note: If you do not receive a prompt to Run, Setup, or Save File, look for the installer in your Downloads folder and click to launch it.
5. If you receive the User Account Control prompt that asks, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", select "Yes."
6. Your install is complete when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now." An animation will play to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select "Close."
AUTHENTICATING OFFICE 365 VIA OUTLOOK
1. Open your new Outlook app by clicking the Start button (at the lower-left corner of your computer screen). Type the name "Outlook" and click the associated icon.
2. When the app opens, you will be prompted to enter an email address and password.
Enter your JSerra email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password JSerra2020==== . Outlook will start to load your inbox.
3. You will also receive a prompt that asks you to Accept the License Agreement. Click the button to accept.
4. You have just authenticated Office 365 on your computer and added your JSerra email to your Outlook app.