Downloading and Using the Titan HST App
JSerra has partnered with Titan HST, an application that gives us the ability to communicate with staff, students, and parents when there is a possible emergency on campus. As a student, you can use the app to notify school personnel if you see something suspicious on campus, or if you have a specific concern. There are 9 reasons why you might use the Titan app:
- Knowledge of a suicide attempt or someone who is suicidal
- Knowledge of a shooter on campus or someone who might be coming to campus with a gun/weapon
- Witnessing bullying
- Seeing a stranger on campus without a visitor badge
- A medical emergency
- A fire
- Seeing or having knowledge of someone using drugs
- Knowledge of a bomb threat
- A general safety concern that the school should know about
You should only send alerts if there is a real emergency, or if there is the possibility of an emergency. JSerra administrators will take disciplinary action if students use Titan to send prank alerts, so please make sure that you use the app appropriately.
INSTALLING THE TITAN HST APP
1. Open the app store on your phone and search for Titan HST and download it. It is a free app, and its icon is a white or blue shield.
2. After downloading the app, open it. You will be prompted to enter your email address and phone number. Enter only your JSerra email address and no phone number.
3. When you are prompted to enter your password, click "I don't know my password."
4. Log into your JSerra email account and find the email from Titan HST. Follow the instructions contained in the message to set up your password for the app.
5. After your password is set up, log into the app. You will receive a series of prompts. Please read through each one carefully and "accept" all of them, turning on all four kinds of "critical push notifications."
6. The app will redirect you to the Titan HST homepage for JSerra. Click the profile icon in the upper left side of the homepage. It will look like a person's head. In the options that appear, choose "My Account" and review the contact information we have for you.Your JSerra email address will be added automatically but check to see if your phone number is listed correctly. If we have an incorrect number for you, please enter your correct number. If you needed to enter or correct your phone number, you will be asked to verify it. We recommend using the text feature to do this.