If your child has aspirations of competing athletically as a freshman at an NCAA Division I or Division II school, he/she must meet NCAA Initial-Eligibility minimum standards, including minimum core course GPA and SAT/ACT test score requirements. Please take time to explore the following:
- CoreCourseGPA - This innovative tool allows you to easily track your son or daughter’s progress towards meeting NCAA requirements as soon as the first semester of their freshman year! (See below for more details.)
- NCAA Eligibility Checklist - The checklist ensures your child is meeting all the requirements of a potential Division I or II student athlete.
- NCAA Eligible Course Lists - The NCAA requires successful completion of 16 core courses.
CoreCourseGPA is a web-based software program available to all JSerra Catholic High School student-athletes and their parents/guardians free of charge. If your child has aspirations of competing athletically as a freshman at an NCAA Division I or Division II school, they must meet NCAA Initial-Eligibility minimum standards, including minimum core course GPA and SAT/ACT test score requirements. CoreCourseGPA is an innovative tool that allows you to easily track your son or daughter’s progress towards meeting these requirements, beginning as soon as the first semester of their freshman year.
To activate your child’s CoreCourseGPA membership, follow these simple steps:
- Go to CoreCourseGPA.
- Click on “Free Member Account” and enter 053197 in the School ID field and 739085033 in the School Code field.
- Click "Continue."
- Fill in the appropriate fields in the Create New Student Account form. Remember to write down the new Member Name and Password you have created.
- Click "Submit." Congratulations! You have successfully created your CoreCourseGPA.com member account.
To login to your member account and begin using the CoreCourseGPA software, follow these simple steps:
- Go to CoreCourseGPA.
- Enter your Member Name and Password in the Member Login box. Use the Member Name and Password you created during the account activation process.
- Click "Login." Begin using your CoreCourseGPA.com account!
CoreCourseGPA incorporates the NCAA recognized core courses for JSerra Catholic High School into the online course entry forms, calculates BOTH Division I and Division II core course GPA, automatically factors weighted grades into calculations and tracks course requirements for BOTH Division I and Division II. Your son or daughter’s core course information is saved for the duration of their high school career. It is both you and your student’s responsibility to check on your NCAA requirements to ensure you are eligible.
JSerra Catholic High School is proud to make this innovative software available to you free of charge. We believe CoreCourseGPA will be a very useful academic tool for you and your student-athlete.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF CORECOURSEGPA.COM IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR REGISTERING WITH THE NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER AFTER THE COMPLETION OF SIX HIGH SCHOOL SEMESTERS.
Follow the checklist below to ensure you are meeting all the requirements of a potential Division I or II student athlete.
- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Download and read the Guide for the College Bound Student Athlete on the NCAA website.
- Review the NCAA - Your Path to the Student-Athlete Experience Video Presentation (see video below).
- Sign up for CoreCourseGPA and complete the eligibility worksheet.
- Ensure you are meeting all academic eligibility requirements.
- During your junior year, send an official transcript and official test scores to the Eligibility Center.
- Work with your counselor if you have any questions regarding NCAA or your CoreCourseGPA account.
Before a high school student can be eligible to play Division 1 or 2 sports, he or she must meet academic requirements in high school. Those standards include the successful completion of these 16 core courses:
4 years of English, 3 years of math, 2 years of natural or physical science (including one year of lab science), 1 extra year of English, math or natural or physical science, 2 years of social studies, 4 years of extra core courses (from any category above, or world language, nondoctrinal religion or philosophy).
Natural / Physical Sciences:
American Sign Lang 1, 2, 3
Mandarin 1, 2, 3